Tuesday, February 12, 2013
The TELEFILM CANADA New Voices Award is awarded to five emerging screenwriters across Canada. The award provides each winner with a complimentary registration to the fourth annual Toronto Screenwriting Conference (TSC) (April 6-7 2013), plus an exclusive lunch with Glenn Cockburn – Founder of the TSC and President of Meridian Artists Literary Agency. Two of the five award winners will be selected based on their diverse background.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday February 25, 2013, 5:00pm EST.
• Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
• Must have written at least 2 short films of which 1 has been produced
• Must have written 1 feature length screenplay or TV series treatment/pilot
• Must not have a produced feature or TV series/pilot
• Must not have previously received Telefilm Canada funding
Applicants are asked to include the following information in the form of a complete package. Scripts are not required to be attached to this application, but must be available to be submitted upon request.
Please include the following information in a separate document:
• Resume & Filmography
- Include production year, length, and where they have been screened.
• Short Bio. Maximum 300 words.
• Feature screenplay or TV series treatment/pilot (up to a max of 3)
- Include length, synopsis, development
• Tell us which writer has most inspired your screenwriting. Maximum 300 words.
• How will attending the TSC2013 assist in your professional development? Maximum 300 words.
Applicants are asked to submit their package via email to email@example.com.
Award winners will be notified of selection by Wednesday March 6th, 2013.
Telefilm Canada and TSC2013 would like to thank you for your submission and wishes best of luck to all applicants. Only those selected to receive the Telefilm Canada New Voices Award will be contacted.
Download the application HERE.
QUESTIONS? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 647-350-2777