Wednesday, February 27, 2013
The primary purpose of the Wuchien Michael Than Foundation (WMT Foundation) is the development and nurturing of theatre arts in Canada, with particular emphasis on new works by Asian-Canadian playwrights, and the development of emerging talent in the Asian-Canadian theatre community.
The WMT Foundation Fund has been established – in partnership with the Ontario Arts Foundation (OAF) – to provide financial support for a range of activities in keeping with the overall mission of the WMT Foundation.
Currently, grants are available only for the production of new works by Asian-Canadian playwrights, and can be applied towards the artistic, technical, promotional and administrative costs of the production of new works not yet publicly presented in Ontario.
- Only incorporated and registered charitable organizations located in Ontario are eligible to apply for grants under this program.
- Grants are available only for single productions, including co-productions.
- Applications must be received by May 1, 2013.
- The production cannot be started before September 1, 2013 or after August 31, 2014.
- Actual grants may be smaller than the amount requested, and is subject to a maximum of $10,000.
- You may apply for only one WMT Foundation Fund grant each year. Unsuccessful applications may be submitted for re-consideration the following year.
For more information, go here: http://fund.wmtfoundation.ca/theatre-projects/