In 2011, RIDM joined forces with the SAT and Quartier des Spectacles to organize what turned out to be a highly successful evening: an outdoor screening of El Bulli: Cooking in Progress. The three organizations are collaborating again this year to kick off RIDM’s summer screening series this Thursday, July 5, when Matthew Akers’ film Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present will be shown for free in Place de la Paix, on St. Laurent Blvd. between St. Catherine and René-Lévesque. The screening will be preceded by a barbecue, from 7 to 9 p.m., where the SAT FoodLab chefs will serve grilled dishes for guests and DJ Alexis Bowles will set the mood. The public is welcome to bring blankets and folding chairs to the screening.
The rest of RIDM’s open-air program is presented in collaboration with the Cinéma sous les étoiles program organized by Funambules Médias. Several popular entries from last year’s RIDM will be shown in July and August in several Montreal parks:
· July 19 : Chartrand, le malcommode (Manuel Foglia) : front of the Church, De Castelnau Street;
[UPDATE] July 19 : Chartrand, le malcommode (Manuel Foglia): Parc de Normanville, Villeray–St-Michel–Parc-
· July 24: L’or des autres (Simon Plouffe): Ilot Charlevoix, Atwater Market;
· August 1st : Inside Lara Roxx (Mia Donovan): Parc Laurier;
· August 11: Les États-Unis d’Afrique (Yanick Létourneau): Parc de Normanville, Villeray;
· August 23: Carnet d’un grand détour (Catherine Hébert): Parc Molson, Rosemont.
RIDM’s Cinéma sous les étoiles screenings will start at dusk, with the directors in attendance.
For screening details and film synopses, visit the RIDM website:
Quebec’s only film festival dedicated to documentaries, the Montreal International Documentary Festival presents the best reality‐based films, including the works of established directors and new talents.