Call for Monologues – New Anthology – due August 5th
CALL FOR MONOLOGUES
Playwrights Canada Press invites submissions of monologues written by Afro-Canadians to be included in a new anthology for publication in 2012/13. Specifically we are seeking new or previously published monologues, choreo-poetry, or spoken word pieces (written for the theatre) of approximately 5 minutes. If previously published, the submission must include information on how to contact the publisher. If the play is unpublished, please indicate where reading scripts can be obtained.
Only electronic submissions in the form of a Word document or PDF will be accepted. The deadline for submissions is Friday August 5th, 2011. This call is only open to Canadian citizens and landed immigrants living in Canada.
Please send all submissions to: monologues@playwrightscanada.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- A cover page detailing the playwright’s name, address, city, postal code, phone number, and email address for each submission.
- A short biography of the playwright (max 100 words).
- The title, publication information (if applicable), and a brief synopsis (max 100 words) of each play in which the monologues can be found.
- Scene setting (action, location) /stage directions (25–50 words), and character breakdown for each monologue.
- Monologues should be a maximum 2 pages each (standard script publication format).
- A maximum of 3 submissions per playwright will be accepted.
- The name of the playwright and the title of the play as the subject line.
August 5th, 2011—Submission deadline
September 10th, 2011 Selection of scripts
ONLY THE PLAYWRIGHTS CHOSEN TO BE INCLUDED IN THE PUBLICATION WILL BE CONTACTED. No phone calls please.
Please send all inquiries to monologues@playwrightscanada.