Tuesday, November 6, 2012
For more than two decades, Inside Out has brought Toronto's lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) community together in celebration of the best queer film from Canada and around the world. Currently the largest event of its kind in Canada, the Inside Out LGBT Film Festival showcases the best and most diverse work of interest to LGBT communities. Taking place over 11 days, the Festival draws crowds of 35,000 to screenings, artist talks, panel discussions, installations and parties that highlight more than 180 films and videos from Canada and around the world.
They accept DVDs or secure online screeners for preview. DVDs must be labeled with the title, running time and contact information (including name, address, phone number and email).
Inside Out has three deadlines. The Earlybird Deadline is December 17, 2012; The Regular Deadline is February 8, 2013 and the Late Deadline is on February 22, 2013.
The 23rd Inside Out Toronto LGBT Film Festival takes place from May 23 to June 2, 2013.
23rd Inside Out LGBT Film Festival
Call for Film Submissions
If you have any questions, please contact Meryl Warren, Programming Assistant T: 416-977-6847 x28 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more than two decades, Inside Out has brought Toronto's lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) community together in celebration of the best queer film from Canada and around the world. Currently the largest event of its kind in Canada, the Inside Out LGBT Film Festival (May 23 to June 2, 2013) showcases the best and most diverse work of interest to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) communities.
In order to submit online go to Withoutabox.com, click here.
1. Only DVD (All regions) or secure online screeners will be accepted for preview. Please ensure that DVDs submitted are not defective, as you will not be contacted to resubmit a new DVD.
2. DVDs must be labeled with the title, running time and contact information (including name, address, phone number and email).
3. Works submitted in languages other than English must be subtitled.
4. Works-in-progress and rough cuts can be submitted only if a completed exhibition copy will be available for final approval by March 15, 2013.
5. Inside Out reserves the right to excerpt programmed works (up to 3 minutes) along with photographic stills for promotional and marketing purposes.
7. With prior approval, preview DVDs will be added to the Inside Out archives. All other DVDs will be destroyed unless accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope (for submissions from outside Canada please use International Postal Coupons).
8. If you are sending work from outside Canada, please indicate on the outside of the package “For festival preview only, no commercial value” and declare less than $20 value on the package. Never send work to Canada by UPS (United Parcel Service), as they charge large customs fees, which the festival will not pay, and your package will be returned.
10. Acceptable screening formats at the Festival are 35mm, DCP, HD Cam, BetaSP and DigiBeta.
Entry Fees and Deadlines
Please make submission fee payable by cheque or money order to Inside Out. If submitting via mail this submission fee must accompany your DVD.
Earlybird Deadline: December 17, 2012 – $20.00 CAD
Regular Deadline: February 8, 2013 – $25.00 CAD
Late Deadline: February 22, 2013 – $30.00 CAD