Green Pitch Submission Now Open
The Green Pitch: Perfecting the Art of the Pitch for Environmental Filmmaking
$5500 Cash/Service Funding Available
Submission Deadline: Friday, September 23 at 5:00 pm*
Welcome to the Planet in Focus Green Pitch, an opportunity to pitch your idea to the people with the power to give your project the green light. With broadcasters, producers and established filmmakers on board to lend their insight, this pitch session will give participants the opportunity to test their green story ideas in front of creative professionals. Finalists will be coached before the festival by Producer and former broadcast executive PAUL DE SILVA.
Gain invaluable first-hand feedback as pitches are presented for the chance to win $5,500.00 in development funding and services**! The winning filmmaker will be announced during the Industry Reception that follows. Previous Green Pitch winners include the award-winning Up the Yangtze and have often been broadcast in national and international markets. The Green Pitch is free to attend for registered Planet in Focus Industry delegates, and tickets for the session can be purchased for $10.00. Passes and tickets now on sale at www.planetinfocus.org.
* received by e-mail www.planetinfocus.org
** $2,000 cash + $3,500 worth of production services
Guidelines and Criteria for the 2011 Green Pitch Applicants
• Films must be environmentally-themed (for example, must explore issues pertaining to the social or ecological environment) in any genre (documentary, dramatic, etc.)
• Project must be at least 52 minutes in length (i.e. TV broadcast hour)
• The Green Pitch will take place in the Al Green Theatre, which is equipped with audio-visual equipment. Applicants may use audio-visual elements in their pitch.
• Pitches should be no more than 6 minutes in length.
• Applicants must be Canadian Citizens or Residents
• Applicants must have at least one film credit of any length (not including student works)
• Planet in Focus is not responsible for finalists’ travel to Toronto, but accommodation may be available.
• The deadline for applications is Friday, September 23, 2011, 5:00 pm
• Pitch finalists will be notified by Friday, September 30.
• Questions & applications should be sent to email@example.com (Subject Line: PIF Green Pitch Application).
Thank you to all applicants.