All you need to do is make a simple video of yourself pitching the story idea. Then you upload it to their website. Four winners will receive $2500 to make their film in the Vancouver area.
To watch the winning pitches from last year, click here. Participants must be 19 years of age or older.
Winners will be selected by online voting.
first round of competition, the contest of all contests is back open!
OUTtv and Hot Pink Shorts are looking for a TRUE STORY to make into a short film. We want you to pitch us your idea about something that's happened to you. It can be about anything! Just make sure it's original. If we like it, we'll help you make it into a movie.
It's super easy as well! All you have to do is grab your iPhone/BB/webcam and make a short video pitch. Hit record, (briefly) tell us your story that you think would make a FANTASTIC short film, and upload it to our site.
What We're Looking For:
- LGBTQ-themed stories and pitches.
- An original, TRUE story, from your very own life.
- A story that can be made into a short film, within the limits of a $2500 budget.
- Individuals who can make themselves available in Vancouver for the creation of their film.
- Individuals 19 years of age or older.
What we’re not really in the market for:
- Long, epic movies. Plan for your short film to be three to six minutes long.
- Don't be a hater. Address the issues, don't provoke them.
- No pornographic stories. Thanks, but no thanks.
- Type-written pitches. We want to SEE you tell us why your story is the story.
- Entries from employees, family or associates of Contest Sponsors.
So get going! Record your pitch, post it on Hot Pink Shorts and VOTE!