The festival accepts submissions from residents of Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area (Ajax, Aurora, Brampton, Brock, Burlington, Caledon, East Gwillimbury, Georgina, Halton Hills, King, Markham, Mississauga, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Oshawa, Pickering, Richmond Hill, Scugog, Stouffville, Uxbridge, Vaughan and Whitby).
They offer around a dozen prizes for the filmmakers. The deadline for submitting work to the festival is April 29th, 2011 at 6pm. This year, TYSFF takes place the weekend of June 18, 2011.
The Toronto Youth Shorts Film Festival states the following:
The festival values all forms of entertainment and do not wish to impose any limits or forms of censorship. However, we give preferential acceptances to work that:---
- showcases and provides a forum for discussion on cultural diversity
- displays a personal message that the storyteller wants to impart on an audience
- pushes the boundaries of the medium in an innovative manner
- demonstrates overall solid storytelling and mastery of the genre being utilized
- creates high-quality entertainment without over-reliance on commercial tactics
- provokes a response on local and pertinent issues
3rd Annual Toronto Youth Shorts Film Festival SubmissionsGet out those camcorders, phone cameras and digital cameras because submissions for the 2011 Toronto Youth Shorts Film Festival is now officially OPEN!!!
Download our festival rules and submission package HERE. Deadline for submission is April 29th, 2011 at 6pm in our office.
A few key changes we made to this year's submissions:
- AGE INCREASE: We are accepting entries from those between the ages of 18-28 inclusive!
- HIGH DEFINITION: We are accepting submissions in HD-Video!
See submission package for full details on submission criteria.