Wednesday, October 3, 2012
imagineNATIVE and CBC are seeking one young Aboriginal journalist (19-35) for an exciting and unique career-building opportunity with CBC.ca/arts (www.cbc.ca/news/arts). This week-long internship will run from October 15th through Oct 21st, 2012 and will be flexible to work and school schedules.
The selected intern will assume the role of the Festival Correspondent, learning how to file copy, photos and videos with CBC.ca/arts while covering special events and screenings at the 12th Annual imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival (October 17th-21st) in Toronto. As Festival Correspondent, the intern will receive an All-Access pass to the festival, be connected to imagineNATIVE’s Publicist to arrange interviews with artists, and will work directly with experienced individuals from CBC.ca/arts who will offer guidance in posting daily reports to the website. A per diem will be provided during the five-day festival by imagineNATIVE.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 19-35;
- Applicants must be of Aboriginal background (from Canada);
- Applicants must be living in, or be in, Toronto for the duration of the internship
(subsidy will not be provided for out of town applicants);
- Applicants must have a demonstrated interest and basic experience in journalism, writing, or media arts.
Note: If you are enrolled in school or employed, this internship will accommodate your schedule.
- Send your personal bio along with up to a one page explanation of why you should be selected;
- Send your resume/CV outlining your experience in journalism and/or media arts;
- Send a .jpg image of yourself (if possible);
- Send your complete contact information, including email, mailing address, and phone number. Please include your Aboriginal affiliation.
Applications may be emailed to Correspondent@imagineNATIVE.org or delivered to the imagineNATIVE office:
ATTN: Correspondent Selection Committee
imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival
401 Richmond Street West, Suite 349
Applications must be received by no later than 5:00pm EDT, Monday, October 8, 2012. Late applications will not be considered.