Six participant teams have six minutes to pitch their feature film idea to a live audience of over 250 industry professionals. The winners, selected by a jury of international industry experts, are awarded $15,000 from Telefilm Canada to develop the project further.
- Both dramatic and documentary feature ideas are eligible.
- Applicants need to be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- At least one of the pitch team members needs to meet one (!) of the following criteria:
- Application deadline is 5pm on Friday, May 23, 2014.
- ONE submission per applicant.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
IMPORTANT: Please note that finalists of the 2013 Telefilm Canada PITCH THIS! Competition are not eligible to apply for this year's edition.
- A jury of industry professionals will review all applications and select six teams to participate in the final competition. All applicants will be notified about the status of their application by end of July.
- The selected teams will have the month of August to prepare for the competition in September and will be assigned a veteran industry insider as a pitching coach. Selected finalists will also receive a complimentary Industry Pass to the Toronto International Film Festival.
- Each team will pitch their polished ideas to a live audience of over 250 Industry delegates. A jury of Industry experts will review the pitches and the projects and choose a winner.
- The winning team will receive $15,000 to assist with the development of their feature film idea.
- Note that the cost of travel to Toronto is the responsibility of the individual.
The winning team will be required to include the following credit line in their film credits: "This film was made possible in part through Telefilm Canada PITCH THIS! at the Toronto International Film Festival®."
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.