Monday, April 22, 2013
documentary and the Documentary Organization of Canada | l’Association des documentaristes du Canada (DOC) are proud to present
Giving Voice: Filmmakers Working with Filmmakers, a documentary masters apprenticeship program.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN
DEADLINE: MAY 24TH, 2013
The Giving Voice mentorship program is the opportunity for documentary professionals from across Canada to apprentice with a master documentary filmmaker on a specific project. The program represents a unique opportunity for documentary filmmakers searching for their creative voice.
The program’s objective is to assist documentary professionals who are still early in the careers and interested in transitioning their career, further their filmmaking expertise and deepen their authorial voice. The duration of the Apprenticeship will be up to 5 months during which time the Apprentice will be paid an honorarium.
Giving Voice: Filmmakers Working with Filmmakers is designed as an exchange where both Master and Apprentice benefit from each other’s experience. The Master benefits by working with a passionate and creative resource, while the Apprentice gets unprecedented access to the Master’s creative process and expertise.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
- Must have a minimum of 2 broadcast credits or equivalent experience in the documentary field
- Must be available to work full time for the designated apprenticeship period
- Must not be currently enrolled as a student
- Must not be employed by or have a family relation to the Mentor or the Mentor company the apprentice is applying with
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada legally entitled to work
- Must be a DOC member in good standing
- Must have a project in development or in production
- The Mentor must primarily make documentaries and be recognized by their peers as an established filmmaker
- Must contribute $2500 towards the Apprentice's honorarium
- Cannot be the employer of or have a family relation to the Apprentice with whom they are submitting the application
- The Apprentice cannot be a student at the time of the apprenticeship
- The Apprentice must work on a project the Mentor has underway and not on their own project.
DOWNLOAD THE CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS AND APPLICATION CRITERIA HERE.
All submissions to be sent to: email@example.com (please consult the call for submissions for application format and requirements)